Friday, December 26, 2008

The Dog of Christmas Present

poor doggie... The king and the princess were in cahoots and draped the lights around Molly, put the antlers on her head and laughed and laughed.  I approached the scene with a laugh nearly bursting from my lips, but the words that came out were, "Oh, poor Molly!  Why do you torment her?  Get that off of her!  Poor girl!"  Then...  "WAIT!  Let me get the camera!"

She dutifully posed for a slew of shots, after which she was freed from her prison of holiday lights and elastic headgear.

Because I felt guilty I gave her a few treats and let her come with me upstairs to the bedroom for a bit.  

She sniffed around -- probably remembering when she used to sleep up in our room with us -- and promptly peed a RIVER at the foot of the bed!

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!

payback's a bitch.


2 comments:

pam said...

I think she was plotting her revenge while you took this photo!

Queenie Francie said...

HA! you're probably right, pam!