Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Such a beautifully written book by Kate DiCamillo, illustrations by Bagram Ibatoulline. She touches the heart with a story about heart. Edward is a vain china rabbit and his journey is a miracle. A miracle in which we who choose to love others must take in this life.  

I highly recommend this book to EVERYONE. Simple, heart-warming and intriguing, I couldn't put it down. I actually read it in one afternoon; it took about two hours with a nice pot of tea to keep me warm on a gloomy rainy day. I definitely believe this book will become a classic, it is such a treasure!

Please, read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

2 comments:

pam said...

All right. If you say so. I've gone and put it on my Amazon wishlist (where I keep track of all my books I want to read).

Constantine said...

I encountered your blog while doing some internet searches for Mark Helprin. Given your numerous references to his work, I take it you are a fan. I am as well—a big fan in fact. I use a quote from him on my blog header. He has an amazing ability to capture the internal struggles of his protagonists, and, of course, an almost unparalleled command of language. Have you ever read Helprin’s short story, “The Silver Bracelet,” from “A Dove of the East and Other Stories”? He encapsulates in this brief short story the impact of a lifetime. Serendipity-- I also love the work of DiCamillo. I wrote a “review” of sorts regarding “Edward Tulane” on my blog in December ’06.