Thursday, April 25, 2013

A quick & delicious Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake

I found this recipe today and it appealed to me because I had all the ingredients in my pantry and refrigerator. I got home from work, made dinner then made this cake. It is delicious! And my house smelled great while baking as the cinnamon and sugary aromas permeated the kitchen.  While it was still hot from the oven I poured the glaze over the top and it seeped into all the nooks and crannies in the top caused by swirling the brown sugar-cinnamon-butter mixture throughout before baking. 

Here it is in the required 9x13 pan.  Doesn't it look tasty?! Believe me, it is!


And here's the piece I served my husband.  He was impressed and thought it was most excellent!  Especially that it was still warm from the oven.  I think that's key, having a warm piece of cake that's soft and just the right temperature to make it "cozy comfort food."  This evening's chilly, damp, windy weather called for a nice hot treat.

If you like cinnamon buns or rolls you will love this cake.  Adding nuts and/or raisins would definitely add another level of tasty goodness! 

Herewith, the Recipe from Just a Pinch:


Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake Recipe



No comments: